What to do with 1.5 pounds of clementines that won’t be eaten in the near future? Well, marmalade, of course!
Ingredients and Materials:
- 1.5 pounds of clementines
- 3 cups – water
- 2 cups – sugar
- Dried lemon peel, to taste
- Large pan
- Mason jars (or container of your preference)
1. Wash and peel clementines
2. Place clementines and peels in a large sauce pan
3. Add 3 cups of water
4. In medium-to-low heat, bring mixture to a simmer and allow it to cook for about one hour
5. Once mixture is soft and “mushy,” add 2 cups of sugar, stirring it often, until mixture darkens (about 40 minutes)
6. Allow mixture to cool and pour into a blender
7. Blend it until mixture is homogenous
8. (Optional) Add a few sprinkles of dried lemon peel for a tart taste
I can’t wait to have this on some toast along with English Breakfast tea tomorrow morning!
This marmalade may be kept in the fridge up to 1 month and in the freezer up to 6 months.