I missed baking! I had mentioned how I had to cut back because it was getting a bit expensive for my limited wallet, but I couldn’t resist today! I scavenged through my pantry and (barely) found all the ingredients I needed to make a delicious mixed berry loaf to have with some tea!
Mixed Berry Loaf
You will need:
- 9×5 in. loaf pan
- Baker’s Joy Spray
- 1/2 Cup – butter, softened
- 1 Cup – sugar
- 2 – eggs, large
- 1/2 Cup – milk (I used fat-free)
- 1 Teaspoon – vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 Cups – Flour (I used regular)
- 1 Teaspoon – baking powder
- 1 Cup – mixed berries, fresh or frozen (I used Publix brand frozen strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
- For the (optional) topping: cinnamon and sugar, to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using an electric mixer, with a whisk attachment and large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in both eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour and baking powder and add it to creamed mixture just until blended.
- Carefully fold in mixed berries.
- Pour into a greased 9×5 in. loaf pan.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350F for 50-55 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Place loaf pan on a wire cooling rack and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan onto wire cooling rack to allow it to cool completely.
I was also very inspired and made some iced tea! I always try to have a pitcher of this in the fridge. I don’t drink soda at all so this is a nice alternative to water! I steeped 8 black tea bags in a pitcher of boiling water for 3-5 minutes. I then removed the bags and placed the pitcher in the fridge and allowed it to get nice and cold!
Mixed berry loaf and iced tea seem like the perfect combination for a nice summer treat!