As the holidays approach, I am testing out new recipes with some very seasonal ingredients! Today I made mini cranberry tarts, which is a perfect little snack while you wait for the huge Thanksgiving feast! It tricks your hunger just enough to hold you over but it won’t make you miss out on trying every single dinner dish… and perhaps even going for seconds?
Mini Cranberry Tarts
* Cupcake pan
* Rolling pin
* Cookie rack
* 1/2 cup – white sugar
* White chocolate chips
* 1 – large egg
* 1/4 cup – butter
* 1 teaspoon – vanilla extract
* 3/4 cup – fresh cranberries, cut in half
* 1 box – Pepperidge Farm Pastry Puff sheets
* All-purpose flour, for rolling dough
1. PREHEAT OVEN 325F.
2. Divide pastry sheets into 12 balls and, using the rolling pin, roll them flat, separately.
3. Press each piece evenly into cupcake pan (onto bottom and sides of cups)
4. Combine sugar, egg, butter, white chocolate chips (as many as you wish), and vanilla in small bowl.
5. Add halved cranberries into mixture and blend well.
6. Spoon mixture evenly into dough cups.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
8. On a cookie rack, allow tarts to cool in cupcake tray for about 10 minutes.
9. Remove tarts from cupcake tray and allow to cool completely.