I absolutely love this recipe and it’s my go-to when I’m craving something sweet! It’s the perfect trifecta: delicious, inexpensive, and easy! I was asked to bring a dessert for a Fall potluck at work but I was very pressed on time, so this seemed like the ideal recipe.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
PREHEAT OVEN 350F
* 1 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan
* Baker’s Joy
* 1/4 cup – vegetable oil
* 1 1/2 cups – rice flour
* 1 cup – white sugar
* 1 teaspoon – baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon – salt
* 2 – eggs, lightly beaten
* 1 cup – mashed bananas (about 2-3 bananas)
* 1 cup – chocolate chips (milk or dark)
1. Grease loaf pan
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
3. Mix in the oil, bananas and eggs.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips, but do not over-mix.
4. Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan.
5. Bake for 60-75 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test.
6. Allow loaf to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
7. Turn out loaf and allow to completely cool.
This process almost turned into a disaster! I started baking this at 9:30p.m., the night before the potluck. As I am gathering all my ingredients, I realized I didn’t have enough all-purpose flour or enough milk chocolate chips, which is usually what I use to bake this! I could probably have gone to the store to get some, but let’s be honest, I felt super
lazy tired. I miraculously found rice flour and dark chocolate chips in my pantry, and my night was saved! Although this could have been a complete failure, it actually turned out to be healthier and gluten-free ( and equally as delicious!).