In the spirit of infusing my world with Fall, I just had to bake something with pumpkin. And since I am far from conventional, I wanted to stay away from the typical pumpkin cupcakes and pies.
Pumpkin Corn Muffins
PREHEAT OVEN TO 375F
Tray: Muffin or Cupcake tray
For the Muffin:
* 1 cup – cornmeal
* 1 cup – all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon – baking soda
* 1 1/2 teaspoons – baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon – salt
* 4 tablespoons – light brown sugar, packed
* 1 – large egg
* 3/4 cup – milk
* 1 cup – canned pumpkin puree
* 2 tablespoons – melted butter
For the Butter:
* 4 tablespoons – butter, room temperature
* 2 teaspoons – honey
* 1/2 teaspoon – ground cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, egg, milk, pumpkin, and butter.
- Combine the two mixtures and stir until blended.
- Line cupcake or muffin tray with cups and fill them about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Remove from tray and allow to completely cool.
To make the butter, just combine and mix all ingredients! This butter also goes well on pancakes, toast, waffles, etc!
I chose to bake these because they are versatile. They are tasty for breakfast with butter or for lunch/dinner with chili! I used a cupcake tray because I don’t have a muffin tray (what a crime!) and the recipe yielded 18 muffins.